Skip to content

Daily Happenings: 12/21 – 12/27

December 27, 2014

Just a reminder…my journal blogs are mostly for me and the few people that truly want to know what I do on a daily basis.  Read or ignore as you please.  Been trying to greet my main shrines twice a day when home but usually only get it done in the evenings…stress has taken a toll and if I can’t approach the shrines with a grateful heart, I don’t want to approach at all… and say prayers before bed.  Warning:  may contain rants…rants by definition are not based on logic and are solely for the purpose of clearing headspace so that I can address things in a more positive fashion.

12/21:  Up around 8 or so after not sleeping well.  Boychild being very patient.  While making muffins Hubby got up and started doing something in the bathroom.  So we didn’t get around to gifts until after breakfast.  Boychild seems to really like his gifts, especially the polar fleece knight’s helmet.  He spent most of the afternoon playing with the legos he got from his secret santa.  He told me at one point that he knew we didn’t have a lot of money but that I did a great job gifting.  Hubby seemed to like his gifts…all hunting related, a coffee mug and a digital thermometer for the kitchen since he broke his.  Me?  I got jewelry.  Some pieces I already had, one pair of earrings I didn’t like, a serpentine bracelet and pretty silver snowflake earrings.  Hubby finished up in the bathroom.  It looks great.  I cleaned up our mess. Honestly I have no idea how I spent the day. Made mulligatawny soup for dinner with apple bites (that were not sweet enough).  Baked a batch of cookies after the boychild went to bed.  Tried to make gifts but…I have no go-go juice, no motivation and no desire.  I’m dry.  The well is empty.

12/22:  Slept better but didn’t want to get up.  Need to motivate the boychild into finishing his grandparents’ gifts.  Lots of arguing.  Blues are kicking in.  I’ve failed to get everything done and everyone’s gifts.  I’m out of time and boychild makes it worse by choosing this moment, despite me telling him not to saying anything if he can’t be positive, to complain about one of the gifts I got him.  So much for “did great”.  He tried to apologize as I was walking out the door.  I told him that his apology didn’t make me feel any better. Work, 7 hours.  Home during half-time.  Still no check in the mail. Watched the Broncos lose.  Hubby got pissed at me over a teasing comment and then proceeded to make it sound like I didn’t do anything today while he cleared snow off and around my truck and got the boychild to work on his drafts. Excuse me,  I actually earned some money today, didn’t take a lunch for the extra pay and where was all his fucking help when it came to coming up with gifts for our families?  “I don’t know” and “I don’t have the time” were his comments when I did ask which isn’t any different from his comments every year…which is why I do it all.  He has ONE person to shop for.  ONE.

12/23:  Got up early and got the boychild to finish another gift for a grandparent.  Work…long very quiet, very boring day…but hey I get paid…to be in a room full of books…that I can’t read because I’m working.   Unfair.  Home to get boychild to finish up his other to gifts.  Dinner.  Boychild to bed.  He did lay out his clothes for our trip which was VERY helpful.  Gifts for grandparents packaged but not wrapped.  Well is still empty and I still have shit to do.  Laundry. Elf duties.

12/24:  Got up earlier than I wanted.  Stitching packed up.  Laundry finished and put away.  Packed.  Made various stops on the way down the hill. Read a book aloud on the way down.  Swapped out the jewelry for a different chain and a pretty ring of blue crystal and opalite.  My son was pretty insistent upon getting me ring (he’s been wanting to get me one for a while) so I picked out one that is pretty but not over the top or out of our price range (store had them for 75% off).  Got stocking stuffers and stuff for a dip tomorrow.  Stopped by heartsister’s got my hugs and a lovely journal.  Over to my mom and dad’s where we ate and chatted until I pointed out to my mother that it was getting late.  My parents were very generous with all of us.  I got clothes, a bracelet, a vertical rotisserie and a madonna with child statue.  It was a bit large and not what my mother meant to get me so she is returning it to get one smaller. I would have kept it any way but the painting was a bit missed up.  I’m touched though.  I had mentioned I wanted one to place on an altar but haven’t found one I liked (and could afford).  So she’s been looking.  I want it for my Isis altar.  I’m touched that my Roman Catholic mother is trying to find me a statue for my spiritual mother’s altar.  My son got cloths and toys.  My husband got mostly gift cards to Cabela’s.  Elf duties call.

12/25: Sunshine was surprisingly patient this morning.  Santa brought him some Olympian action figures, knights and battle dragons.  Got a very generous amount of cash from my in-laws.  Tired but relieved things are done.  Would have liked to have got more gifts made but…time to let that go…  Watched “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” with the family.  It was better than I expected.  Hot crab dip heating up in the small crockpot.  Second movie, Transformers 4, interrupted by a ham dinner. Stitched a small cute ornament for a friend.  Very tired tonight.

12/26:  Slept in…but still didn’t want to get up.  Didn’t do anything until afternoon but spin my wheels.  Went with Hubby to spend his Cabela’s gift cards.  Wow that was boring and consisted of a lot of walking in circles.  Went out for a late lunch and then to Kohl’s were I spent a lot less time than he did. (I’ve gone down a size!) Back to the inlaws to find MIL preparing bacon cheese burger egg rolls for dinner.  Not bad.  Some sort of problem between the boychild and MIL…not gonna get involved.  Rice pudding for dessert (my recipe) though my MIL added evaporated milk to it which gave it a richer flavor.  Read more to the boychild.  Read a bit.

12/27:  I might be finally caught up on sleep and have let the shoulda/woulda/couldas behind.  I feel more like me and less a bundle of nerves.  Errands and a haircut…4 inches taken off the bottom of my hair!  Found a lotus candle holder for Isis’ shrine.  But I can’t find anything else I want for it or the main altar.  Don’t have the money to spend anyway.  Check didn’t come in before we left home, so we are operating on fumes…how unusual, right?  [roll of eyes] Spend some time with my heartsister and her hubby (who gave me a sextopus/hexapus, an Octopus holiday decoration missing two legs), which always brightens my day.  Please to find out that they figured out the cause of some of his issues.  Dinner with our ex’s, which went fine but does remind me how much I miss him, his humor, his warmth, his emotional support, his…

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: