Deck Interview: Chrysalis Tarot
I’ve been eyeballing this deck for a long time and finally broke down and got it with my holiday money. I don’t think there is a single card that I don’t like the artwork (well OK, maybe Kali for the Tower but that maybe because I find her…disturbing, not because of the artwork) which is rather unusual for my picky eye. As I do with all of my new decks, I used the deck interview spread (plus a few more cards) to get a feel of this deck.
I changed the layout of this spread (which can be seen under the tarot tab) and laid out as you would draw the number 8.
- Most important characteristic: King of Spirals/Companion, R – to point out foolishness
- What this deck will do: 8 of Mirrors/Selfless – help you on your path (Spiritual path maybe even goddess-centric)
- What this deck will not do: Lovers/Unity, R – relationship issues
- Curriculum: 6 of Spirals/Success, R – looked like 6 cards so I pulled six cards:
- Star/Hope/Choices – positivity
- Sorceress/Mysticism, R – work with intuition
- Ace of Mirrors/Feelings – reflection
- World/Ascension, R – unfinished work
- Sun/Empowerment, R – different viewpoint
- 2 of Spirals/Trust – build trust and confidence
- How to use: Knight of Scrolls/Visionary – help resolve conflicts/confusion
- Final Thoughts: 3 of Mirrors/Compassion, R – had issues with this one…uses gentleness to deliver strong messages?
- Qualifier = Greenman/Structure/nurturing
- Who works through you: 7 of Mirrors/Discernment – whoever is needed for the situation at hand.
- Qualifier = 2 of Spirals/Choice
- Remember: 5 of Mirrors/Forgiveness – Remember to forgive self and others; connect with crown, heart and gut chakras.
- Remember: 3 of Scrolls/Rejection – Let go and stay positive
- How to handle Reverses: (should have been the first card I drew, HA!) 9 of Spirals/Perseverance – as difficulties to overcome
Base = Merlin/Healing – New beginnings
Quintessence = 115 = 7 = Chariot/Focus/Divine Assistance
Overall, I look forward to working with this deck.