Skip to content

Daily Happenings: 7/19 – 7/25

July 26, 2015

What you see on my blog is a meager slice of my life.  Do not presume that you know who I am by what you find here.  As much as gets written down, much more happens that does not.  This is my space, read or not as you please; just don’t lecture me on what I should or should not post.  I find writing cathartic and so do a lot of ranting  and whining, especially in these Daily Happenings posts.  Rants by definition are not based on logic.  Writing down my rants helps me to clean out the ol’ brain pan so that I can find a solution to whatever is bothering me at the moment. Yes I have friends I could lay this stuff on instead, but maybe I don’t want to clutter up their brain pan or bother them when they have their own issues.

Spiritually, I’m still trying to find a steady rhythm on my daily devotional (DD) practice. Right now I do a little something as it strikes me, no formal ritual.  Occasionally been doing short meditations and I always end the day with thanks in front of my shrines.  Prayers, as always, before bed unless I’m ill.

7/19:  slept ok…not great.  Made banana pecan chocolate chip muffins with the boychild.  Read a little.  Watched second Jurassic Park movie.  Helped Hubby a little in the garage and finishing up laundry since he fixed the washer. More divination to settle snake colors, then started stitching the snakes on my Craft ALong project that I am doing on my FB crafting group.  I started working on putting the wind chime together and finished it up after dinner.  Not sure how long it will last but it does sound lovely.  My son (who has been reading a lot of Percy Jackson) told me that he was starting to think I was a daughter of Hephaestus because I’m so crafty.  Finished House of Hades.

7/20:  Brain gerbil must die.  If my child survives to adulthood, it will be a miracle as he’s really testing the odds.  Rule #1 in my household:  thou shalt not wake up insomniac  mother unless blood or broken bits are involved.  Major rule breaking this morning which he followed up with a blatant and stupid lie.  Hubby took boychild to work with him since he’ll be working too far away for convenient delivery…which left me time to do girly stuff…like attempt to paint my toenails in peacock feather colors.  I’m not an artist but they didn’t come out to badly.  Wedding invitation ornament made for a cousin’s daughter. Work.  Lunch.  Work.  Dinner.  So tired.  Stitched a little.  Submitted some prayers for a children’s prayer book.

7/21:  not enough sleep, no brains, lots of mistakes, muddling through.  Laundry.  Submitted several items for possible inclusions in a book.  Found another in my files but it was no where to be found on my hard drive so I’m typing it back in.

7/22:  Slept a bit better last night…well enough that I actually dreamed.  I can’t remember the last time I dreamed.  Chapter of Harry #4.  Took boychild to a county sponsored discounted dental hygienist appointment.  Stressed me right the fuck out and that was before she even looked at him.  It was rather hard to calm the boychild’s fears, this being his first time, when I’m drowning in my own.  It went fairly well… he missing a couple molars that should be in, there is some discoloration on his other two adult molars that needs checking out…she also said he needs to see an orthodontist for his “cross-bite” which just makes me see dollar signs.  Otherwise she said his teeth look great and required minimal cleaning.  I dread going in…DREAD it as I know I have some major issues.  DREAD!  I’m having a complete freak out for what ifs.  Fuck you hormones and insomnia.  Fuck you.  Laundry.  Movie with boychild.  Work.  Boychild asked me to draw him something after he went to bed.  I drew an octopus…  Stitched

7/23:  Didn’t sleep much…though I did get to sleep in a bit.  Very low motivation.  Very high I-don’t-give-a-fuck.  Got an early birthday gift in the mail, had me close to tears.  Boychild decides not to go to Jr. Rangers…then we found some stuff that needed to be returned so he arrived 20 minutes late only to find they went on a bird watch walk so we had to hunt them down.  More exercise at a high speed than I wanted today.  On the way back, I caught some teenage boys about to whack a tree with what looked like a broken branch.  I told them to quit or I’d call the sheriff for vandalism…  Tried to meditate and couldn’t get my mind to settle down…however I did get a visual of how to do the camp’s banner…which it now occurs to me may not have been my active mind…hmmmm.  Picked up the boychild, grocery store and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening working on the banner…which has gone together fairly easily using only items out of my stash.  How is that for amazing!  Ran into some snags about our upcoming trip.  Almost done with the hand stitching on the banner but out of go go juice.

7/24:  A bit more stitching on the banner.  A possible person lined up for pet duty.  Packed.  Finished the hand stitching and got one seam sewed before Hubby got home.  Drove to Denver, had dinner then dropped the boychild off at my parents’.  Spent some time with my heartsister and her Hubby.  She gave me some lovely errands and a very nifty crocheted skull bookmark.  House seems very hot to me, gonna be another rough night I think.

7/25:  Don’t know when I finally fell asleep but I was so not ready to get up when Hubby wanted me to…went to the Renaissance Festival.  Ended up trading in my corset because I’ve lost enough weight that it is too big for me.  Hubby had to buy me a shirt to wear, cause the one I was wear would flash a breast if I raised my arm.  We also ended up getting new mugs because I forgot to take ours down.  Other than food that is all we bought.  Had a good time, just the two of us.  Went to pick up the boychild and he requested to stay another night.  So we went and changed then had dinner.  After that we went back over to my heartsister’s until I was told I needed to go to bed.  So I went back to the house, showered, got a happy birthday call at midnight then went to bed…I wish I can say I slept…going to start cutting back on the maca supplement…severely to see if it is the cause of my insomnia.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: