Skip to content

Daily Happenings: 4/26 – 5/2

May 2, 2015

Dear Blog Reader,

What you see on my blog is a meager slice of my life.  Do not presume that you know who I am by what you find here.  As much as gets written down, much more happens that does not.  My journal blogs are mostly for me and the few people that truly want to know what I do on a daily basis.  This is my space, read or not as you please; just don’t lecture me on what I should or should not post.  I find writing cathartic and so do a lot of ranting  and whining, especially in these Daily Happenings posts.

Warning:  rants by definition are not based on logic.  Writing down my rants helps me to clean out the ol’ brain pan so that I can find a solution to whatever is bothering me at the moment. Yes I have friends I could lay this stuff on instead, but maybe I don’t want to clutter up their brain pan or bother them when they have their own issues.

Spiritually, I’m still trying to find a steady rhythm on my daily devotional (DD) practice.  Being the poster child for allergies/cold/WTF-I have, leaves me with little energy to do much of anything, more less my religious practice.  Right now I do a little something as it strikes me, no formal ritual.  Occasionally been doing short meditations and I always end the day with thanks in front of my shrines.  Prayers, as always, before bed unless I’m ill.


4/26:  Once I woke up the brain gerbil went into a panic over the weather…to the point Hubby said I wasn’t being very cuddly.  I got up, packed up, loaded up and went to my parents’ house while Hubby went to work.  Had breakfast, chatted for a bit and then headed up the hill.  Two thirds of the way home, I ended up in a parking lot that was supposed to be a highway.  Luckily we had our audio book to keep us from getting antsy.  It was  pretty slow going all the rest of the way home but we got A boy and his horse finished.  Made it to the grocery store then watched Hocus Pocus after unloading.  Finished reading one of the chapter books I’ve been reading the boychild plus two other story books before sending him to bed.  Hubby got home about 9.  Started the third and final book in the series I’ve been reading.

4/27:  Slept OK…Flonase is helping but I still cough and still blow my nose too often but I can breath through it at any rate.  Finished the book I started last night.  Work.  Lunch.  Work.  Tired…boring days make me tired.

4/28:  Brain gerbil and hot flashes made for a long night.  Laundry started.  Today will be dose 7 of flonase.  Results so far:  I can breathe through my nose; I cough when I lay down until sinuses rearrange contents; I sleep fine (ignoring menopause issues); I still blow my nose fairly often; I cough and blow for about an hour after getting up until, again, my sinuses rearrange contents; I can occasionally smell and even taste food.  While this is a vast improvement, it isn’t as good as I had hoped…  Arguing for civil unions for all on Twitter.  Selling small stuff via Facebook.  Between the two, I ran out of time this morning.  Work…too quiet.  Tired.  Stitched for a bit while keeping Hubby company.

4/29:  Slept not so well thanks to the brain gerbil’s squeak.  Spent a good chunk of the morning researching Arkadian religious beliefs for a friend.  I’m utterly fascinated, especially about the conclusions some have drawn since then, thanks to Sannion for links on that.  Having to pry myself away from the computer so that I can get something mundane accomplished.  Laundry.  Sale item posted.  May day is coming up and…I’m not feeling it this year.  I just…can’t.  Snow is on the ground still and I’m struggling through allergies, insomnia and general life.  Part of me feels bad…the rest of me is all “Fuck it”.  Stitched on boychild’s piece. Work.

4/30:  brain gerbil must die.  Stitching on baby shower gift I misremembered the date and have a week less time to get it done.  Irritated as fuck over this whole yearbook project.  Am I doing it?  Is he doing it?  If I’m doing it get the fuck out of my way! Sheesh, it isn’t like they are going to be charged for the 8+ hours to do it.  I wonder if my sinuses, interior nose, is bruised from all the blowing…it feels odd when I blow my nose sometimes.  More stitching…getting a cranky shoulder.  Need to figure out if I can make use of this new-to-me stand for this smaller work. Work.  Quick dinner then boychild’s spring concert.  Patched together a stand that I hope will work with my qsnap ’cause I got some cranky shoulders.  Stitched a little more then worked on a prayer.

5/1:  Today normally I give out flowers.  Couldn’t afford to buy them, didn’t have impetus or energy to make them.  First time in years I haven’t done something.  This was one of those days that I look fondly back on, making baskets, filling with tulips and such from mom’s garden and delivering them to neighbors. Sigh. Honestly I think part of it is the always giving and never getting.  I’m tired of feeling like I have to chase people down around here or give them things to get them to associate with me.  Honestly it is part of why I hate living in a small town.  I feel isolated and surround by people who really don’t give a damn.  I buckled down to work on the yearbook…only to find very few pictures have been uploaded.  Can’t do a yearbook without pictures.  Sigh.  So the format is chosen, the cover is done and is the first couple pages but that is as far as I can go.  Spent some time talking about the yearbook and related items with a friend/fellow parent.  Stitching. Offered the only flowers I have to my lord and lady. After school, boychild and I went for a walk, picking up trash and looking for signs of spring (which was cut short by rain!).  More stitching.

5/2:  Slept fairly well.  Cleaned the bathroom with the boychild’s help.  Shoulders have gotten to the point that scrubbing grout and such is beyond me.  He was a great help.  Sold one of his booster seats.  Cleaned out a drawer, worked more on the storage room so that it can some day be called a bathroom or a sitting room or something, laundry put away, helped boychild with his room and vacuumed the upstairs..  Sold 2nd booster seat.  Watched Interstellar…what a stressful movie.  Had a melt down over food.  I think it was partially due to the movie then viewing our pantry/cupboards which continue to be more bare than I’ve seen them in a long time.  Took our Thanksgiving turkey carcass that never got made into soup and boiled it to make broth.  The meat off of it will go towards sandwiches and hopefully a meal.  Also got beans soaking so we can cook then freeze them tomorrow.  No stitching until after 10pm, sigh.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: