Skip to content

Daily Happenings: 4/19 – 4/25

April 26, 2015

Dear Blog Reader,

What you see on my blog is a meager slice of my life.  Do not presume that you know who I am by what you find here.  As much as gets written down, much more happens that does not.  My journal blogs are mostly for me and the few people that truly want to know what I do on a daily basis.  This is my space, read or not as you please; just don’t lecture me on what I should or should not post.  I find writing cathartic and so do a lot of ranting  and whining, especially in these Daily Happenings posts.

Warning:  rants by definition are not based on logic.  Writing down my rants helps me to clean out the ol’ brain pan so that I can find a solution to whatever is bothering me at the moment. Yes I have friends I could lay this stuff on instead, but maybe I don’t want to clutter up their brain pan or bother them when they have their own issues.

Spiritually, I’m still trying to find a steady rhythm on my daily devotional (DD) practice.  Being the poster child for allergies/cold/WTF-I have, leaves me with little energy to do much of anything, more less my religious practice.  Right now I do a little something as it strikes me, no formal ritual.  Occasionally been doing short meditations and I always end the day with thanks in front of my shrines.  Prayers, as always, before bed unless I’m ill.  

4/19:  rough night.  Got up late was going to make muffins for breakfast but we are out of flour.  How did that happen?  Did a little of this and a little of that.  Broke down and texted my cousin the RN to ask for help on getting my life breathing  back on track.  She said to use allegra instead of claritin, take plain musinex twice a day, neti pot twice a day and keep using the nasacort.  Grocery shopping.  Watched a movie with the boychild.  Nasacort plugged me up again.  Texted my cousin and she was puzzled too…will look into it at the office tomorrow.  Hubby’s been spring cleaning his workshop/garage…weeding things out, putting things away…this is a big deal ’cause he’s letting go of stuff not just shifting things from one side to the other or from one shelf to another.  I’ve already posted a couple of items to sell.  Well I’m breathing easier a couple hours after using the nasal spray so hopefully sleep will not be such a struggle.

4/20:  Slept ok despite reclining until about 5 or so…don’t remember what woke me now probably coughing.  Had a heck of a time falling back to sleep.  Got up about 9 as boychild doesn’t have school today.  Cousin said I may be having an immune response to the spray, to lay off for a couple of days or switch to Flonase. Had a muffin in a mug then started on his computer program for language arts.  He did real well until the end when he started loosing focus and patience.  Laundry.  Not long after that I pointed out to Hubby that there are three people in this house perfectly capable of running the vacuum so why am I always the one to do it?  Came out of the shower to find him running the vacuum.  ❤  Work…where their tissues are like sand paper.  Lunch where Hubby told me he was going to make me carnitas and homemade green chili for dinner.  He’s never made green chili before as I do that. Work.  Home to find the mother of all messes in the kitchen and dinner waiting for me.  I assume it tasted good ’cause with my runny/stuffy nose, I can’t taste much.  I love that he went through all that effort and teased him quite a bit about the mess in the kitchen.  My nose is sore and runny and occasionally stuffy.  Hope I sleep tonight.

4/21:  rough night of sleep ’caused by the brain gerbil and not my nose.  Think I’m going to switch the Allegra to night time in hopes of having less issues in the morning before the alarm.  Took 3(musinex)-4 hours(allegra) but I’m breathing better though I’ve gone through an unbelievable amount of tissues this morning.  Laundry and minor bits of housework.  Trying to teach the boychild to say multiplication correctly.  He keeps putting in an extra syllable.  Work. Made brownies after the boychild went to bed.  Puttered around the house with hubby.  Usual congestion and sore nose.

4/22:  Lots of coughing and brain gerbil.  Woke very congested plus coughing.  Boychild up early.  Heard him practicing “multiplication” in a dream last night and again this morning after he got up.  Been selling some of the extra items out of the garage for our vacation fund.  Finishing laundry.  Haiku posted. Listed something on ebay. Made a bracelet just to feel productive, I’m too tired to risk stitching.  I felt better yesterday, today just sucks. Took back the unopened bottle of nasacort and bought flonase.  I figured it must work because all that was left was behind the pharmacy counter.  I was going to wait to take it but I’m desperate…almost immediately my clogged sinuses cleared up so I could breathe.  Yes I’ve still got a drippy nose but I can breathe and this is supposed to take up to 3 days (I think) for full effect.  I can breathe!  Helped boychild with homework.  Work.  I is tired.

4/23:  Lots of coughing and hot flashes…was sitting up in bed about every 2 hours.  I’m amazed my husband still sleeps in the same bed with me.  Very stuffy. Read a bit to the boychild before school.  Can’t seem to settle on any one thing today…read a little, contemplated on what to do with a very old book that is falling apart, put away some laundry, posted some things for sale, poked at Hubby until I found out he wasn’t being lazy but has a headache, BA BOD meeting summaries written, checked in with medical billing/insurance and a little bit of stitching.  Work:  dodgeball, made bookmarks and had a story read by one of the attendees.  Craft night…first time in a while.  Come back to a slightly smokey house.  Explain to me why my husband picks now, when I’m already having breathing problems, to decide to re-season his cast iron pan…and blames it on me because I suggested chicken fried rice for dinner.  Sheesh.  DWTS.  Breathing better, still coughing some…hope I sleep well.  So tired. So angry with my husband.  I can’t remember the last time I was this angry with him.

4/24:  Despite the anger, I actually slept…without coughing, through the night…well mostly.  I’d wake up, smother the brain gerbil and go back to sleep.  Best night of sleep I’ve had in a while.  Still upset…no angry with Hubby and hurt and angry.  Don’t know whether to scream or cry…which tends to mean I cry…a lot.  Hubby showed up briefly, apologized, hugged and then was off running again.  Couldn’t get a word in even I had wanted to do so.  Packed. Mentally and emotionally exhausted. Drove down the hill while listening to A Boy and his Horse from the Chronicles of Narnia.

4/25:  Slept fine until 6ish when I started coughing.  I didn’t take any musinex last night.  Two mile walk with the inlaws, boychild and dogs.  Errands:  Home Depot, Hiking/short-boot hunt for the boychild, Sam’s Club and more shoe hunt.  Visit with heartsister. Shouldn’t have walked the dog, he’s hurting.  He’s dumb enough to over do it, no matter what “it” is.   Panic about the weather moving in and the trip home.   Won’t get to spend much time with my parents.  😦

2 Comments leave one →
  1. April 26, 2015 8:35 PM

    My love, do what is necessary to take care of you…anyone with issues about what you post can sod off. Love and kisses


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: