Skip to content

Daily Happenings: 9/21 – 9/27

September 28, 2014

Just a reminder…my journal blogs are mostly for me and the few people that truly want to know what I do on a daily basis.  Read or ignore as you please.  Unless otherwise stated, I greet my main shrines twice a day when home and say prayers before bed.  Warning:  may contain rants…rants by definition are not based on logic and are solely for the purpose of clearing headspace so that I can address things in a more positive fashion.


9/21:  Slept in.  Hubby to work.  Chores around the house.  Sewed up a sewing machine caddy.  Issues with boychild finding money in the house, keeping it and then lying about it.  His punishment was to not watch the Bronco game.  Boy did he plead and cry and whine about that.  He even offered to give up a year of desserts if I’d let him watch the game.  I stuck to my guns.  Hit the local farmer’s stand.  Got a few things for the freezer/pantry and a few for the coming week.  Watched the Broncos lose while stitching.  Late dinner, but finally found a way to cook cabbage that I actually like.  Worked on 2013 yearbook.

9/22:  boychild no school today.  Hubby didn’t come to bed until after 4am…working on the course he needs to finish for this license.  I think he chose a bad time to do it but it is out of my hands.  Sewed “silk” leaves on to the altar cloth to cover up the holes then placed it on the altar.  Hope to make my corn dolly for equinox tonight.  Looked for cabbage recipes to use our excess cabbage.  Tarot.  Work.  Lunch.  Work.  Home.  Read a book before bed which meant…

9/23:  very little sleep as brain gerbil was doing triple time.  Working on yearbook. Laundry started.  Work. So very tired.  Dinner.  Discussed with boychild the consequences of his bad decision Sunday. Read while sort of assisting Hubby roast chili peppers.

9/24:  slept a little bit more but not nearly enough.  Finished 2013 yearbook.  Once Hubby looks it over, I’ll use the coupon I have and get it ordered.  Greenman face has been sealed and spray painted by Hubby.  I just need to add the accents now.  The hobby paint we were given is not useable, or at least the colors that I need are not.  Laundry.  Blog post.  Tarot. Corn dolly, need to get that made too.  Two dining room chairs reupholstered…I’m pretty sure I misestimated the amount of fabric that I need.  Work. Came home to Hubby finishing up the peppers.  Watched DWTS.  Week 2 dancing not as good as week one…they need to step it up.  Haven’t made the corn dolly yet…weather feels more like summer by afternoon…timing just doesn’t feel right.

9/25:  Didn’t realize that last night was the dark moon.  Boychild to school.  Hubby to Denver for his test.  Me to Active Shooter Training.  Slightly traumatizing…and stressful.  Come home to sooth my anxieties with a cup of hot cocoa only to get a call from the school’s counselor about a younger child threatening my son yesterday.  Mountain out of a mole hill but bad timing.  Follow up that with a poll from the Heath Department on how how we raise our child and I’m unreasonably stressed out.  Laundry and not much else.  Feel a bit guilty about it but not enough to do something.  Walked to pick up the boychild.  Never did get the altars greeted this morning, too discombobulated.  Laundry put away and boychild’s bag and chores are done.  Craft night.  New moon ruminations and tarot reading.  Hoping the quiet, few lights and meditation will help me sleep

9/26:   Slept but not as well as I would like, dozed or woke often. Boychild to school.  Having trouble motivating.  Trying some coupon/rebate apps.  Tarot.  Packed.  Painted some earrings with fingernail polish.  Loaded up the truck.  Drove to Denver, listening to “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”.  Hubby working very late and still didn’t get finished.

9/27:  Slept until 9.  Hubby was already gone.  His 1 hour turned into half the day.  Ran some errands during different parts of the day, stitched, read and paced about bored.  Hubby spent the afternoon cutting up a couple trees at another friend’s with heartsister’s hubby.  We went over to help clean up as the sun started to set then went out to dinner.  Went home and tried to put the boychild to bed only to be stymied by a game in progress and the promise that he’d go to bed as soon as the almost -over game was done.  Gave up the fight and went to heartsister’s…only to be called an hour later by our child “to tell us good night”.  SIGH!  Stayed up as late as I could but by 10:45 I couldn’t stop yawning.  Hubby took me home, put me to bed then he went back.  To return several hours later smelling very much of woodsmoke.


No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: