Skip to content

Daily Happenings: 7/20 – 7/26

July 27, 2014

Just a reminder…my journal blogs are mostly for me and the few people that truly want to know what I do on a daily basis.  Read or ignore as you please.  Unless otherwise stated, I greet my main shrines twice a day when home and say prayers before bed.  Warning:  may contain rants…rants by definition are not based on logic and are solely for the purpose of clearing headspace so that I can address things in a more positive fashion.

7/20:  Woke up sobbing this morning.  I had dreamed that Hubby had died.  His spirit stuck around for 3 days, helping me get things in order.  At the end of the dream, he walked out a gate into bright light.  All I could think of…what am I going to do?  There was nothing I could do to stop him from going so I worried about being a single parent and money.  So yeah, I woke up in a panic and sobbing.  Then called Hubby to make sure he was ok…his comment after I told him everything?  That’s what the life insurance policy is for…  Packed up, had breakfast with mom and loaded up.  Inlaws.  Last minute errands and headed for home while listening to an audio book.  Happy to be out of the heat.  Hubby got a lot done on the truck while I was gone.  Very tired.

7/21:  Slept pretty well for not taking anything.  Hips pretty grumpy this morning for some unknown reason.  Catching up on media that I let slide over my weekend.  Work.  Meal.  Work.  Laundry. Yummy dinner made by Hubby.  Entering prayers into my prayer book…everything that isn’t specifically ritually related and maybe even a few of those.  Submitted a couple more items for the Zeus agon.

7/22:  fell asleep ok but woke when Hubby came to bed…took hours for me to fall back to sleep.  Hubby took boychild with him to work this morning.  Laundry.  Watered various flower/veggie beds.  My woefully smaller Aphrodite rose bush (had a lot of winter die off) is blooming beautifully.  Nice thing about my darker hair color?  I don’t need to wash it every day!  Walked to work.  Home to find that Hubby made corned beef for dinner. Lots I should be doing but I’m not feeling it…a little of this, a little of that…nothing holds my attention for long.  I have two special bowls/plates that I tried to figure out what they are meant for but the readings were unclear to my beady little brain.  A little bit of research on Isis and Serapis.  Need to research Lucifer for PSblog but REALLY don’t want to…

7/23:  rough night of sleep.  Checkbook/bills.  Nothing like trying to help the child with his reading log, only to be given attitude.  Fine, I won’t put that time on that you read but didn’t track.  Finally ordered the 4 books I’ve been published in…even with my discount (and because I couldn’t get Createspace to combine book orders) I spent over $30…I feel guilty about it until I think how much I just mailed off for Hubby’s coins.   Boychild to library program.  Start reading Book 2 of Heroes of Olympus. Laundry  Work where I was getting migraine warnings.  Hubby fed me dinner while I grappled with the slowly-receding-headache-that-I’m-damn-glad-didn’t-reach-full-force.  Hubby and I discuss money.  It appears the warning about being practical with our money was a good one as he sunk a lot of money into fixing the truck.  While I could have been more practical (no purple hair, no books, no school supplies and such for boychild), I don’t think I did too badly.  Finished book.  Crap.  Just realized I forgot to greet this altars this morning…I was going to do it after my shower and it slipped my mind as I was getting my child ready for the afternoon…

7/24:  another crappy night of sleep.  So tired.  Had an idea for something for the altar…of course I can’t find anything like I envisioned.  Got a picture taken of the apple I stitched as a thank you gift.  Also applied some silicone glue test product to one of my water bottles where the seal has broken.  In reading a book on one woman’s pilgrimage to find herself, she talks of letting go that which holds her back.  I asked myself what it is that I need to let go of…and the ready answer was the desire to be the sexy, skinny, young thing that I used to be.  This surprised me a little.  As a menopausal woman, I am in conflict with my body.  It wants the curves and fat storage…I want the body where dresses lie flat from the under breasts down.  My insomnia makes exercising hard ’cause I feel the need to store what energy I have for work/childcare/etc.  “Becoming the bitch I always wanted to be” starts with accepting myself and my physical changes…so hard to do.  Painted my toes…three different times until I got something I could live with…ugh.  Craft night which we ended early in order to support one of our members who works as a waitress at a local restaurant.  Had a bloody mary that was yummy but strong enough that I was glad Hubby was there to drive home.  Started a new project too.  Laundry put away…still washing some things that go into the camper though.

7/25:  took something to sleep so I slept ok…but still rather short tempered today.  Packing for Denver.  After much hemming and hawing, boychild and I finally left for Denver.  Only to run into heavy traffic…thank goodness for the audio book.  Hubby showed up about 30 minutes after we did.  Dinner with the inlaws.  Ran an early birthday gift over to my friend who was prepping for her MIL’s wedding.  They managed to get me to stick around until after midnight so that they could sing me Happy Birthday Blinky the Clown style.

7/26:  slept ok.  Got ready to go to Renn Faire for my birthday.  Boychild decided not to go ’cause he didn’t want to turn off his movie.  I’d bitch about his priorities except I really didn’t want him to go any way.  I’m pleased that I got to spend the day with just Hubby…so rarely does that happen. Went and bought tickets and a few other necessities.  Quiet drive down there.  First thing we did when we got there is went and got our picture taken as we don’t have any recent ones of the two of us.  Not a great picture, but not bad.  Dropped off a mug to be fixed, then we wandered.  Watched Kiltic, got some CDs.  Ate a little, drank a little, got a little rained on.  Bought match medals for Morgan and I, sun and lightning bolts.  Ran into my first love…the guy I could have married…who I dream about occasionally.  That was bizarre.  Got a pretty green silk wrap.  Oh and a peacock feather done in henna.  Drove home.  Had some dinner.  So tired  Went to my friends’ house who burfdayed me…cake, balloons glowing jewelry, magic flames, happy birthday signs, etc plus some lovely earrings.  I’ve never had a friend do that for me before…they’d been so busy that day too, with a family event that was staged at their house…they took the time to celebrate my birthday.  The last birthday party I had, was one I threw myself.  I can’t even remember the last time I had a birthday party before that…  I was tired and overwhelmed and tired and pleased and tired and incredulous that they cared enough to do this and tired.  So wanted to “party” with them but I could barely keep my eyes open.  So I bowed out and was in bed by midnight I think.

3 Comments leave one →
  1. July 27, 2014 10:53 PM

    In Santeria and in Traditional Yoruba religion, we’re taught that if a person dies in a dream that means they’ll have good health. So Zeus clearly smiles upon him.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: