Equinox ritual recap
moved from Oaken Scrolls
Did my Equinox ritual this afternoon.
- cornmeal to the Ancestors
- almond for the Nature Kin
- chocolate chips for the Gods
- cinnamon hunks for Hermes as Gatekeeper
- trail mix for the Deities of Occasion (Zeus, Demeter and Persephone)
- How were my offerings received? 6 of Swords/Review – need to reflect upon things objectively aka they were ok but need more thought put into them?
- Clarifier: 9 of Wands/Willpower- will push me harder because I can do better?
- How shall the Kindred respond? 7 of Cups/Delusions: by driving me to become more practical and less dreamy-eyed
- What more would the Kindreds have me learn/do? 8 of Pentacles/Work: work harder
The ritual when fine but it had no oomph, no energy. The omens would seem to say that I didn’t put enough work or effort into it. Which is a bit upsetting as I did try. I felt good about things going in. I’m really beginning to dislike High Day rituals.
I did have a problem with the cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol not staying light during the whole ceremony which was distracting and disappointing. Guess I will stick to charcoal disks. It also means I owe Hermes something better for being Gatekeeper.
I also drew a card afterwards to see what I should do with the trail mix and other food items. 10 of Cups/Family: share your celebrations with your loved ones so it is sitting out on the table.