Inspiring Blogger Award
I love getting these and hate them all at the same time.
I love knowing that someone finds my mental meanders, letterings and crafting inspirational. I work very hard on this blog. I sweat that what I write isn’t interesting or too personal or too kooky or what not. Yet I want it to be ME and not whatever I think some anonymous reader (and most of you choose to stay anonymous) thinks I ought to be. So for someone to give me some acclaim means a lot to me. Thank you, Daphne of Beloved in Light.
However, I hate trying to hand it out to someone else. Many blogs do not inspire me. They may have a post or two that does but to be given an award, I think requires that it must inspire me in some fashion day in and day out. A few I haven’t been following long enough to be able to give an award. The blogs that I chose inspire me in various ways. The topics range from craft to spiritual to silly fashion to space.
1. Display the award certificate on your website.
2. Announce your win with a post and include a link to whomever presented your award.
3. Present seven awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
4. Post seven interesting facts about yourself.
Blogs that deserve an award:
- Craft Gossip is where I get inspiration for many of the crafts and gifts that I do. It is a collective blog in that it has many editors that post blogs on a wide range of crafts.
- The Bloggess is a woman who I would love to know. I really wish she was my next-door neighbor. I hope her book continues to do well and really wish I could make it to her book signing in Denver on August 13th.
- The Princess and the Sea because every time I read one of Submarina’s posts I want to pull out my own tarot deck and see what they have to say.
- Bad Astronomy because Phil Plait has rekindled my interest in space.
- Mom’s Crafty Space because she finds crafts to do with her sons that I often want to do with my own.
- Gangleri’s Grove is the blog of Galina Krasskova. Although I do not follow her blog closely (being that she is a Heathen and I am Hellenic), she inspires my own spiritual practices. She makes me want to strive harder and do more for my gods and my ancestors.
- Tom & Lorenzo because they feed my desire for pretty (and expensive) clothes and give me actual examples on the dos and don’ts of fashion.
Seven interesting or not so interesting things about me:
- I get my crafting ability from my mother and her mother I think. Both were/are rather creative. My grandmother did lots of sewing. My mother sewed a lot of my clothes growing up and made my wedding dress. She also does flower arranging.
- I would love to learn sword/knife fighting and do more with archery but my torn rotary cuffs prevent a lot of fun stuff like that including… (see#3)
- dance. I would love to learn some of the different dances that they do on… (see #4)
- Dancing with Stars. One of my favorite shows and the only “reality” TV that I watch.
- I can be very quiet and reserved until I am comfortable in a situation…then you can’t shut me up.
- I come from a large family of talkers that is known for interrupting each other. Sometimes the only way to get a word in is to interrupt and sometimes because our minds are so active we have a tendency to forget what we are going to say if we don’t…unfortunately that unattractive trait tend to manifest itself fairly often in non-family conversations. Really I do try not to do this…
- I’d like to be a librarian or at least work in a library.