Who am I? Sometimes I wonder that myself. I have gone by various names at various times. Feisty Kat when I first got on the ‘net and joined the Pagan community. When I started on the Hellenic path, I chose Melia Suez. In the physical world, I am known as Aj Brokaw.
In no particular order:
- I am a stay-at-home-mother to a little boy who causes equal amounts of happiness and frustration. He is my miracle baby who occurred after 11 years of no birth control. I have a thing for acorns now because of him.
- I am the wife of a wonderfully patient man, my college sweetheart. We were formerly in a polyamorous quad and hope to enjoy such a relationship again some day.
- I hate snow and cold yet live at a rather high elevation in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Hubby’s fault.
- I have a very wide creative streak but my emphasis tends to be on cross-stitching.
- Tarot fascinates me. It is only through a lot of self-control and a shortage of funds that keeps me from owning a wide collection of decks. My current favorites are: Pearls of Wisdom, Alchemical Tarot Renewed and Wildwood. Lately I am learning lenormande cards.
- I am a solitary Hellenic Pagan dedicated to Zeus and Hekate. I am not a reconstructionist. I tend to do whatever seems right and works within the constraints of my life. My preferred group is Neos Alexandria. I have edited one of the devotionals published under their Bibliotheca Alexandrina imprint and have had works published in several of their other books. My philosophy can be generally summed up by this poem I wrote long before becoming Hellenic. October 2012 I joined ADF and am currently working my way down their Dedicant Path.
- Besides acorn and craft supplies, I collect teapots and faeries. My favorite flowers are pansy and calla lily. My favorite scents are cinnamon, jasmine and amber resin.
- Stitching Trade list
- Stitching Wishlist
The purpose of this blog is to share whatever I wish. That usually means craft, tarot or spiritual matters. Sometimes it is rants about my personal life. If this offends you, than move on. This is my place to discuss what I wish. My little haven to be me, no matter what anyone else thinks.
A lot of my first blog post still holds true.