Update and Liebster Award
Finally back to feeling almost human. Unfortunately that means I missed last night’s bash where Kiltic/Celtic Legacy and Iris and Rose performed. [insert loud, unhappy hissy fit] It would have been a rare instance of a night on the town with Hubby. [stomp, stomp, kick] However my nose is still running like a children’s toy (that is to say often and with much annoyance).
I’ve been awarded the Liebster Award by two different people, Lady Imbrium and Flaming Thyrsos. I’m very touched that anyone considers my mental meanderings and letterings worthy, more less two. My thanks to you both! My biggest problem is going to be awarding this to others as I follow only a few blogs and most of them have already received the award!
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So, here are the Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
- I hate snow and cold, yet live in a place that typically has more than enough of both.
- I have a Chemical Engineering Degree that has never had proper/practical use.
- Divination fascinates me.
- I often buy tarot decks for the artwork. I’d have a heck of a collection if it wasn’t for the fact that I’m cheap (I blame that on my Scottish ancestors) and a lack of space.
- I wish I could draw/paint…especially since I have an idea for a non-traditional tarot deck that I can’t complete because of the lack of ability.
- I didn’t start lettering (aka writing) until after I started down the Hellenic path. (I do not count the angst poems of my teenage years.)
- Surprisingly enough my Roman Catholic mother likes reading what I write.
- Not so surprisingly she wishes I’d right things there were not spiritually or mythologically related.
- I’m experiencing hot flashes (the rising phoenix as I call them) often now and I’m sorry for every time I ever rolled my eyes at my mother when she was experiencing this.
- I love to create whether stories, poems, prayers or crafts which is why I’m overweight. I hate to exercise and most of my interests are sedentary.
- The animal I am most like is the cat. Temperamental, lazy, likes to snuggle, demanding, etc.
Lady I’s questions:
- Assuming that cost is no object, what is one thing that your dream house absolutely MUST have? A large enough insulated tub that I can stretch out in and enough hot water to fill it and refill if necessary.
- Everyone has that song that they hear and crank up the radio- what’s yours? I do not have any one particular song. Generally it has to be a song I can sing with however.
- How many of those phone apps do you actually use? Umm 10 of them frequently.
- What’s a technology you absolutely couldn’t do without? Internet. Living in a small town with few that I would consider honest friends, it is my life line to meeting others and learning.
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate with peanut butter swirl.
- Sunset or sunrise? Sunset. No respectable kitteh willingly gets up with the sun.
- What’s your favorite woodland (desertland, mountainland, anything not typically domesticated) creature? Jaguar. Leopard. Lion. Felines in general. Mythical animals: dragons.
- What’s your favorite season? Anytime there is not snow on the ground.
- What’s your favorite musical genre? Don’t have one. I like music (well except rap which more often that not is profanity laced noise).
- What is your favorite plant? Hmmm calla lily or pansy.
- Silver or gold? Depends on the context. In jewelry, it depends on what I am wearing…generally I wear silver though. In money, gold as it is worth more.
Flaming T’s questions:
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Not as many as I would like, too cheap and too practical.
- What is the most expensive thing you’ve ever broken? hmmm no idea.
- If you met a Genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for? (more wishes does not count)
- bills paid
- paid 2 week vacation every February for the rest of my life
- money to buy land and build our dream home
- If you had to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be? cinnamon comes to mind but I have no good reasons for that
- What nicknames do you have/have had? Ana, Aj, Feisty Kat, Mouth… all that comes to mind
- What was your first job? McDonald’s
- What is the most interesting thing you can see out of your nearest window? Nearest window? Nothing it looks on a fence next door. 2nd nearest: once of Colorado’s 14ers.
- You are walking to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss told you if you are late one more time you’re fired. Do you save the dog? Hell yeah!
- What historical period would you like to live in if you could go back in time? depends on if I get to choose my life…Sparta looks interesting. For the most part I wouldn’t care to go back in time.
- What is the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? Garlic chocolate chip cookies is the first thing that came to mind.
- Do you keep a diary/journal? I used to…my blog is pretty much it now.
My 11 Random Questions:
- Do you like homemade gifts?
- Why or why not?
- If pain, money, fading and society reactions were not a factor: what type of tattoo would you get?
- What super power would you like to have?
- Polyamory: for or against?
- Have you ever fired a gun?
- Which thing that I have written do you like the best? (Yeah stroke my ego!)
- Predestination: yes or no?
- Polytheist: hard, squishy or soft?
- What is your perception of Zeus?
- What do you think I ought to know about you?
My nominations: (feel free to suggest some to me!)
- Divine Twins
- Druid in the Swamp
- The Druid’s Cosmos
- The Ramblings of a Modern American Pagan
- the princess and the sea
- The Den
- smoke from the temple